Wondering what to do on Akshaya Tritiya? Don’t worry. We will help you understand the importance of this day better in this blog.
In the Akshaya Tritiya Hindu festival, people buy gold to symbolise wealth and prosperity. It is one of the most auspicious days for Hindus and Jains. On this day, it is also beneficial to promote donations and help the poor and needy.
On this day, a lot of people consider buying gold as a symbolic representation of incoming wealth and prosperity for the entire year. Akshay Tritiya is not just a day to onset good luck and good fortune in your house but also a day when many historical events were initiated and withheld.
Things to know about Akshay Tritiya
- On this day years ago, Lord Parashuram was born to make this world a better place. Lord Parashuram is the 6th reincarnation of Lord Vishnu.
- Akshay Tritiya was the auspicious day when Veda Vyas initially started writing Mahabharat, a tale that teaches the world a way of humanity and life.
- This day is considered auspicious for starting a new business venture. It is said that anybody who starts a business today will be showered with great success in the business world.
- The Sun and moon are the brightest on Akshay Tritiya, signifying the happiness and positivity on this day.
- Most importantly, it is said that buying GOLD on Akshaya Tritiya is a one-way road to an abundance of income and prosperity.
Now that you know the importance of this auspicious day, make sure you prepare your things for the day and start with your Akshaya Tritiya to-dos.
However, doing certain things might work in reverse for you on this day. To make it easier to remember, we are noting down all the things you need to do and all the things you must avoid altogether.
What to do on Akshaya Tritiya Day?
- As we have mentioned, buy gold from a prestigious and luxurious destination like Totaram and Sons, bringing in the purest form of gold inculcated in beautiful jewellery design.
- Starting a new business on Akshaya Tritiya is considered valuable as it is a beginning notion of prosperity, wealth and success.
- It’s better to purchase a vehicle on this day as it adds to your wealth and assets on an auspicious day.
- If you plan on buying a new home, Akshaya Tritiya is the day to seal your deal to get the best muhurat on your side.
You can do these things on Akshaya Tritiya that will work in your favour for the entire year; therefore, following these things will help you lead a wealthy, happy and prosperous year ahead of you.
What not to do on Akshaya Tritiya?
As much as the day is filled with good positive energy with a hint of good luck and succession, there is also a negative side. There are a few things that must be avoided on Akshaya Tritiya in order to maintain peace and prosperity in your life. Here is a list of things that you must avoid at all costs.
- Do not donate water with betel nuts placed on it
- Avoid giving away beds on Akshaya Tritiya
- Do not donate your old or new clothes on this day at all any cost
- Refrain from donating sandalwood
- Withhold your urge to donate coconut on this day
- Save your buttermilk for yourself, especially on this day
- Donating slippers, in general, is a major no-no, but on Akshaya Tritiya especially, refrain from doing so.
Now that we have thoroughly discussed how to celebrate Akshaya Tritiya and make the most of this joyous auspicious occasion, get yourself your gold on this bright day from Totaram and Sons to celebrate the day of purity.